POTATO WITH MEAT (Etli Patates)

I will mark this meal as diet-friendly. I thought about it thoroughly (a few minutes to be honest) and I am convinced that it is suitable for a diet. OK, it has meat and potato, but it is very fulfilling and nutritious so you won't be craving for a period of time. At least for me, all the blame for the weight I gain, goes to candies and chocolates, so regular meals all seem to be diet-friendly to me. Lately when I read a pack of jelly beans (which I can consume in half an hour) contain half of my daily energy requirement, I felt really betrayed by the candies. So lets stick to our good, old, home-made meals.


Ingredients:
  • 250 g meat, diced
  • 2 cooking potatoes
  • 1 onion
  • Salcha (or tomato paste), half tablespoon
  • Red pepper flakes (or paprika)
  • Salt
  • 500 mL Hot water

Preparation:
  • In a saucepan, roast the meat with finely chopped onion for 10 minutes.
  • Add salcha and pepper, mix.
  • Add roughly diced potatoes, mix all together and let them all roast on a low heat, lid on for 10 minutes.
  • Add hot water and salt, allow to boil, and let it simmer for a further 10 minutes, low heat, lid on.
  • Turn the heat off, leave it to rest for another 10 minutes, lid on.

Comments

Popular Posts