CAULIFLOWER WITH BECHAMEL SAUCE (Beşamel Soslu Karnabahar)

This meal looks similar to a very British meal, cauliflower cheese, but I don't know the exact recipe of the British version. Though, I do enjoy buying it from M&S food store. So now I can do it myself, but what can you do, in the middle of a busy day, store being so convenient to buy ready meals. Besides, when I cook at home, I always seem to have a missing ingredient. But in the times I have all the necessary items, I have good results. Proof is below:


Ingredients:
  • 250 g cauliflower
  • 200 mL milk
  • 40 mL oil
  • Flour, 2 tablespoons
  • Salt
  • Half lemon
  • Grated cheese (kaşar, cheddar, parmessan)

Preparation:
  • Divide the cauliflower into individual flowers.
  • In a saucepan, bring enough water to boil, and add flowers, sliced lemons, and salt, simmer for 10 minutes.
  • In an oven tray (I used a sandwich tray), align the flowers. 
  • In a small pan, fry the flour with oil for 2 minutes. Add milk gradually, stirring all the time. And continue frying by stirring all the time for 6-7 minutes.
  • Pour the sauce onto the flowers.
  • Sprinkle generously grated cheese.
  • Cook in 180°C for 20 minutes.

Comments

Popular Posts