CAULIFLOWER AND LEEK SOUP (Karnıbahar ve Pırasa Çorbası)

I have humbly created this soup. I had every doubt in the process of cooking because I actually saw this recipe in Martha Stewart's web page but I had few missing ingredients. Then I realised that I totally misunderstood the ingredients. There were lentils, celery, chicken broth in the recipe but not in my kitchen. So I had to improvise and the result was a totally different from what has been intended. So here is my very original soup. I loved it but I am very biased so you should try also.


Ingredients:

  • Cauliflower, half of a medium bouquet
  • 2 Leeks
  • 1 Onion
  • 2 Carrots
  • 1 lemon
  • Cheese, kaşar or parmesan
  • Parsley
  • Thyme
  • Mint
  • Paprika
  • Salt
  • Olive Oil

  • Preparation:

  • In a saucepan, add olive oil and diced onion.
  • Dice the carrots, add to the saucepan with thyme, paprika and salt and cook for 2-3 minutes on a medium heat.
  • Discard the very ends of leeks and peel one layer, then in 1 cm rings
  • Add to the saucepan and cook for another 3-4 minutes
  • Wash the cauliflowers, cut in small florets, and add to the saucepan, mix. Cut the lemon in large rings, add to the saucepan.
  • Add warm water just enough to cover, bring to boil.
  • Put the lid on and cook on a low heat, water simmering for 20 minutes.
  • Turn the heat off, add chopped parsley, mix, close the lid and serve warm and decorate with grated cheese.
  • Comments

    Popular Posts