EGGS WITH TOMATO AND PEPPER (Menemen)

As I sadly mentioned before, there isn't any pointy green peppers in Glasgow. I like menemen with these peppers so I had to wait till I get to Turkey to cook a proper one. I didn't use onions but you may so I add it as an option.


Ingredients:
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 medium tomato
  • 2 pointy green peppers
  • 1 onion (optional)
  • Vegetable oil, 1/2 tablespoon
  • Salt
  • Black pepper

Preparation:
  • Heat the oil in a pan, add finely diced onions (optional) and diced tomato. (It is highly recommended to peel the tomato. If you find it hard to peel, drop them in hot water for 5 seconds. The skin comes off easily with heat.)
  • Add sliced peppers to the pan. Cook until tomatoes release their water and take up again (which is on a medium heat, 5 minutes).
  • Whisk the eggs in a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
  • Add the eggs to the pan, swirl for 2 minutes and serve!

Comments

Popular Posts