STEW WITH VEGETABLES (Türlü)

Growing up, I used to not like this dish. It looked "too mixed up" to me. I liked potatoes or meat but I liked them "solo" not all in one plate. Plus, I didn't like aubergines back then. Seems absurd now. I now like them all in singles or in combination as they form a wonderful taste by coming together.


Ingredients:
  • Diced lamb (or beef), 300g
  • 1 aubergine
  • 1 courgette
  • 1 potato
  • 2 tomatoes
  • 2 pointy peppers
  • 1 onion
  • Garlic, 3 cloves
  • 40 mL vegetable oil
  • Salcha (or tomato paste), 2 tablespoons
  • Blackpepper
  • Salt

Preparation:
  • Dice potato, courgette, and aubergine in medium sized cubes and soak all in salty cold water for 10 minutes.
  • In a saucepan, add vegetable oil, finely chopped onion and meat. Roast first on a high heat for 10 minutes, then on medium heat for another 10 minutes.
  • Add diced tomatoes and pointy peppers and give a stir. (Honestly, I did skipped this step; I don't have pointy peppers and the husband doesn't like tomatoes in dishes. So I added a bit more tomato paste.)
  • Add roughly chopped garlic, blackpepper, and salcha/tomato paste and give it a stir.
  • Sieve the vegetables, wash under running water briefly and add to the saucepan.
  • Add salt, give a thorough stir. Cook with the lid on, on medium heat for 10 minutes.
  • Add hot water just enough to cover all, stir, and cook for a further 20 minutes, on medium-low heat, lid on.

Comments

Popular Posts