AUBERGINE SALAD (Patlıcan Salatası)

Look at these colors! It's hard to resist, isn't it? Believe it or not, I wasn't eating aubergines up until few months ago. I was allergic to them. Now its gone, I don't know why, maybe I needed to cook them myself. Being a cook helps your allergies, funny. So now I love eating these purple dumplings, and this salad is gorgeous both in looks and taste.


Ingredients:
  • 2 aubergines
  • 3 spring onions
  • 2 red long sweet peppers
  • 2 green pointy peppers
  • Parsley, half pack
  • Black pepper, 1 teaspoon
  • Red pepper flakes, 1 teaspoon
  • Salt
  • Olive oil, 1 tablespoon

Preparation:
  • Cook the aubergines, red peppers and green peppers on direct flame until they are all soft and look chewy. (I used a rack here but actually it is not necessary, I just couldn't balance the chubbies.)



  • Wait for a while for the peppers and aubergines to cool down. Then peel off the outer layers, at least what remained of them. If they are cooked enough, the layers should come off by pinching and knife shouldn't be necessary.
  • Chop all the ingredients; aubergines, peppers, parsley, spring onions, and mix them all.
  • Add spices, olive oil and salt, give it a stir and enjoy your salad!

Comments

Popular Posts