SHERBET WITH GARDEN FRUITS (Şerbet)

I found a very nice garden fruit selection in M&S food. It has bramley apple, rhubarb and raspberry: how British is that? So I thought it would suit perfectly for a sherbet, and I was right. It is a fabulous drink and has a mouthwatering color. Sherbet can be prepared from almost any fruit with the same recipe below. But traditionally it is made from sour cherries, strawberries, apricots, cranberries and red plums. Having the sweet tooth myself, I love them all.


Ingredients:
  • 300 g fruit selection
  • 1.5 liter water
  • 150 g sugar

Preparation:
  • Add fruits to the water in a saucepan.
  • Bring to boil and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
  • Add sugar, cook for another 5 minutes.
  • Turn the heat off, allow it to cool.
  • With the help of a sieve, filter the fruits leaving only the liquid.
  • Serve chilled.

If you want to benefit from the fibers, you may actually leave the fruit and enjoy your drink with a spoon.

Comments

Popular Posts