Tomato Spread (Acuka)

I wanted to have a spread for the breakfast, and I could not find what I desired in the supermarket. Then I remembered acuka, and wanted to give it a try at home. I actually was surprised to find that it was delicious. Exactly how I liked it, not too hot, not too soft, and without cumin. I did not add salt, because the puree had salt, and I bought the puree in small packs.

 



Ingredients:

Red pepper puree, 100 g
Tomato puree, 100 g
Olive oil, 50 ml
Walnuts, 8 whole
Red pepper flakes
2 slices of bread

Preparation:

In a small pan, add the olive oil, pepper puree, and tomato puree, and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Cut two sliced of bread in small pieces.
Add into the pan, mix thoroughly, while still on the heat.
Chop the walnuts.
Add walnuts and pepper flakes, mix.

Comments

Popular Posts